Seattle Coffee Works is one of Seattle’s most innovative coffee roasters. In 2017, we’re adding two cafes in Capitol Hill and South Lake Union to our existing cafes in Ballard and Downtown.
We are about: amazing coffee, kind people, and cozy spaces. We have a robust portfolio of Direct Trade partners and coffees, and a vision to MAKE COFFEE BETTER in terms of quality, sustainability, and equity.
We currently have an opening for a part-time team member. This opening is exclusively a support position and does not involve direct barista work.
The ideal candidate is a customer-focused, intelligent, motivated, hard-working team player. The hours of this position will be impacted by the seasonality nature of our business. This position offers between 10 to 25 hours per week on average during the autumn, winter and spring seasons, with a full-time (35+ hour) opportunity for the summer season.
Responsibilities include all of the following:
– Providing high-energy, genuine, premium customer service.
– Taking orders and tendering transactions at register, while creating an uplifting human interaction.
– Maintaining café cleanliness to a pristinely high standard with impeccable attention to detail.
– Dish washing
– Other responsibilities as needed to run a coffee shop
Why would you want to join us?
– Flexible part time hours: This position is ideal for someone balancing another priority in their life.
– Career Potential: This part time support position is an opportunity for someone with little to no experience to “get their foot in the door” of the super-premium, specialty coffee industry. Eventually, select, top performing part-time team members may have the opportunity for promotion into the full time Coffee Apprenticeship program.
Are we a fit for you?
– Hard Work: Are you ready to work really hard both mentally and physically and do whatever it takes to create an excellent coffee experience for each and every customer and to support your teammates?
– Lifelong Learner: Do you see yourself as a lifelong learner, someone who will go out of her or his way to seek additional knowledge?
– Change: Do you embrace change? Do you excel at leading change?
– Love for Service: Are you excited about the challenge of making five-star coffee experience for some of the most discerning customers imaginable?
If you were able to respond with a resounding “YES!” to these questions, we’d love to hear from you.
This position starts at $13 per hour with a first review after 90 days.
+ a tipless environment
+ Paid Time Off accrued by hours worked
Please send us your resume and a personal statement identifying why you want to pursue a support position as a part-time team member and why you want to do so at Seattle Coffee Works to [email protected]
Please indicate the days and hours you’re available in your application and use the job title “Cashista” in your subject line!
We look forward to hearing from you!