At Seattle Coffee Works we are looking for a new ROASTERY OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
The mission of the Roastery Operations Specialist is to enable outstanding coffee experiences by expediting freshly roasted artisan coffee to our cafe, mail-order, and wholesale customers in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
Status: Hourly, part-time.
Wage: $13 per-hour starting wage with an opportunity for a raise after three months on the job.
Number of Hours per week: 15-20 hours, on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays
• ORDER FULFILLMENT — print bag labels, prepare bags and bagging equipment, weigh and bag coffee for mail orders and stores, request additional bagging help as necessary. Prepare USPS labels and packaging for mail orders, receive and close-out online orders, track shipments, and deliver coffee to stores and USPS. Re-order supplies and maintain bagging equipment, including conducting annual scales inspection.
• ROASTERY STORE — participate in managing the roastery commissary to fulfill in-store and mail-order demand for freshly roasted coffee. Fulfill inventory orders and manage mail order/online sales.
• GENERAL STORE – participate in managing general store to supply cafes with retail items for re-sale and supply items. Fulfill inventory requests from café managers; create sleek and beautiful displays for retail items maintaining SCW standards and guidelines.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE — Provide customer service and troubleshooting for mail orders and coffee orders from the cafés. Manage café inventory of retail and production coffees, optimize margins and reduce waste. Work with Accounts Payable/Receivable to ensure accurate invoicing.
• CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT — stay abreast of café and mail order demand, industry trends, and competition. Work with mail order team and store managers to grow sales. Highlight opportunities for streamlining fulfillment operations and providing excellent customer service.
• Good physical condition and ability to safely lift up to 60 lbs.
• Valid WA Driver’s license required (with clean driving record)
• Experience in retail fulfillment and merchandising preferred
• Must be available on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays between 10am and 6p
• Excellent attention to detail required
• Excellent visual presentation skills
• Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel, Google cloud services and online shopping carts preferred
• High School Degree or equivalent required
• Experience in retail merchandising and fulfillment preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Please send us your resume and a short cover letter with your availability to email@example.com.
Please put the job title in the subject line. Please, no phone calls! We look forward to hearing from you!