Do you love specialty coffee? Are you ready to take on the Cafe Operations Management of a smaller company with an interesting story and a bright future? Do you love to mentor and grow people and teams? Are you looking for the next challenge in your career that has meaning and purpose? If you answered YES to these questions, then this might be the perfect opportunity for you!
Seattle Coffee Works, one of Seattle’s most innovative coffee roasters, is seeking an experienced and passionate General Manager to help build our growing coffee story. What’s our story you ask? We are about amazing coffee, kind people and cozy experiences. We have a robust portfolio of Direct Trade partners and coffees, and a vision to MAKE COFFEE BETTER in terms of quality, sustainability and equity. We aim to take coffee hospitality to the next level. To do that, we need the best team. Every amazing team needs to have a strong leader. That’s where you come in.
The General Manager oversees the daily operations of multiple cafes, and works with individuals on the team to further their growth as Coffee Bar Professionals. The General Manager runs the daily operations of each café and meets regularly with assigned team members to coach them along their professional journey at Seattle Coffee Works.
Overview of Responsibilities and Duties
Communicate an understanding of and passion for Seattle Coffee Works mission, vision, and values with team members and customers.
- Act as the main expert, coach, and trainer for all café systems including: Scheduling, Vendor ordering, Payroll, Ryver, and Microsoft Office
- Manage labor to maintain excellent customer service while maximizing efficiency
- Create schedules, approve all time punches, administer payroll
- Coordinate and drive all peer reviews for prospective hires, new hires, and permanent team members
- Solve spontaneous issues such as last-minute team call-outs, facilities and equipment breakdowns
- Manage human resources issues
- Provide backup as needed to ensure continuous operations
- Manage and grow vendor relations
- Act as primary contact and support to the café team throughout team member life cycle
- Clearly and accurately act as a conduit for the positive, constructive flow of information between the Leadership Team and the retail crew
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with team members
- Facilitate Home Team meetings (using the EOS L10 Meeting format)
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of managerial experience in a bakery, café, or quick casual restaurant
- A passion for outstanding coffee and exceptional customer service
- Enthusiasm for and experience with bringing out the best in others (team members)
- Basic technical literacy including knowledge of Excel, Word, email, and the ability to learn new communication, ordering, and inventory systems
- Experience and expertise in all floor positions: customer service, barista, and sandwich production
- Current food handler’s card and knowledge of all health department regulations
Locations: Ballard Coffee Works and our three other locations in and around downtown Seattle
Rate of Pay: Above market, depends on experience
Benefits: Health and dental insurance, 401k plan, generous PTO, the best coffee in Seattle for free!
Schedule: Full-time, scheduling flexibility is required, including weekends and holidays